Sunday, February 23, 2014

Please read before decide to come to Norway

Leave a Comment


 visa processing in Norway become complex at present. It was easy to get visa but since 2012 police are asking many questions during extension of visa. Everybody got visa for 2nd or 3rd year but they had to face lot of questions from police. ...This is not a good signal for the self finance students. one recommendation is when u would reach in Norway u should not send back your money to Bangladesh. If you do that u may face complexity to get visa for second year because u have to show money again in second year to extend your visa. so before come to Norway please think about that. students used to come Norway and back their money to BD within short time after their arrival. But now a days its risky to back your money to BD because u have to show money every year to extend ure visa. thats why its better not to back money in BD if possible. all the best.

In Norway getting job for self finance students are difficult now. As Sweden started tuition fee so many self finance students are coming to Norway. In Norway most of the self finance students work in Newspaper company called Aftenposten. But unfortunately Aftenposted decided at last week that they will stop to give job from January. So it will be very difficult for self finance students to get part time job. there are some job in hotel and cleaning but very difficult to get. If you get then its also difficult to continue education and working in hotel same time. some students are working in hotel and continuing their study but its very very difficult. so before taking decisions please think more. If situation change I will inform you.

Should self finance student come to Norway?

I know this is very difficult question. However, I can try my best level to tell something on the basis of my experience and other people as well. I have been living in Norway since 2005. I found Norway as a peaceful country. For self finance students, this is very difficult to establish in abroad as you need to work long time (most of the time work is very hard and all work are physical) to be able to survive and simultaneously you have to spend enough time for study. As an example, most of the students go to work at 12 o’clock and back at 1 o’clock at night (whom I know, I don’t know everybody. Others may have good position). Many times they don’t participate in class or they leave the class in the middle and don’t follow the lecture properly because they become very tired after work. However, of course, it is depends on individual strength and motivation. As a result, it is hard to get good results. I know few who worked lot and same time got good grade and now good position in Norway (having PR). Please remember, before August 2012 working situation in Oslo was better than present situation. There are many reasons of that. Previously most of the students used to work in newspaper (1-3 hours at afternoon and earned sufficient money for their study) and was easy for them to continue study. As from last August, Newspaper Company changed their rules and now most of the students work in hotels (that takes long time to earn money). Now getting job is very difficult because many people from Europe (who are skilled and have long working experience in cooking, cleaning….) are coming to Norway and working which created job crisis for students. So if you want to come to Norway (I think situation is same in Europe) u must have mentality to struggle a lot to establish yourself. I told you there are some students who managed to establish. Remember, establishment depends upon you (how much u are able to work hard, working and study together, communication skills, patience, attitude towards money: if u interested money and spend lots of time to earn money, may not get time for study), situation of Norway (rules may change any time, you don’t know what will be in future. Norway don’t like to see that foreigners will live in Norway for long time; they may not give you visa after 3 years…..many uncertainty. Before the situation was not like that. Now many students and European are entering in Norway. So Norway are afraid for them…..), your study subject (in Norway and in Europe computer science, engineering, biotechnology….has good scope for phd or job:I kn some who completed msc and got job and now have PR; I know also few who completed msc in computer sci but searching job since 1 year), finally your luck. I know many students who had lot time but were not interested for study and don’t have good results. They sometimes blame “Norway is very hard place to get job…..”. I think this is not right because they were not interested for study and did not have good plan. So, be careful when you get comments from others about study in Norway or abroad. Those who are suffering may tell strong negative about study in abroad or who never face problem (like me) may tell all positive things strongly. So you have to critically judge the situation by discussing with many students before coming to abroad.

This is my personal opinion: if you have possibility to get a good job in BD then should take that chance. If you don’t get job then may try for foreign country. You have now age to admit in BCS or other exam. If you come to Norway and need to back after 3 years u will lose the possibility to get govt job in BD also. I know this is very difficult to get govt job but don’t think this is easy to establish in Norway. There are many students who have tendency to go abroad without judging the situation of that country and without having a good plan. This is not logical. I met few students in Italy and they informed “I was working in grameen phone, salary >50000taka/month but someone told me that if I come to Italy will get 5luck/month. I am trying to get job in last 6 months; even I could not get a part time job in hotel also. I am eating with my friends. I work in my friends shop free only get food. I cannot back home because I took 12 luk taka loan from bank……”. I don’t get logic why he took that decision.
There are many who do like that…..

However, I met some students in Norway who live such a way that they r living in BD and even are not aware about their future or don’t have a good plan about establishment in Norway (some of them are lazy…..). I know few who worked hard and still have best grade in exam and now doing PhD……..So, this is not possible to answer the question directly. This is my request please don’t think that I discourage you, I just want to provide information which may help you to make a good plan in your life. If you do mistake to take a good decision have to suffer whole life. So before taking any decision in your life please think more …all the best.
 if my post is not understandable please ask me. wish you all the best. sorry for poor English. i am sorry if you misguide by my post. so please check my information by discussing with others. please dont depend only on my post during taking discision. I wrote what I experianced may not be true for everybody.

0 comments:

Post a Comment